- Shulin Li, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Marina Cretich, Italian National Research Council (CNR)
- 07 October 2015
- Detecting HIV diagnostic antibodies with DNA nanomachines
- 01 October 2015
- New DNA stain lights up living cells
- 26 September 2015
- Chip-based technology enables reliable direct detection of Ebola virus
- 26 September 2015
- Deep-diving whales could hold answer for synthetic blood
- 07 September 2015
- Dually noted: New CRISPR-Cas9 strategy edits genes 2 ways
Aims & scope
Biological Procedures Online is an open access, peer-reviewed journal which publishes articles that improve access to techniques and methods in the medical and biological sciences.
We are also interested in short but important research discoveries, such as new animal disease models.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Reports of new research techniques and applications of existing techniques
- Technical analyses of research techniques and published reports
- Validity analyses of research methods and approaches to judging the validity of research reports
- Application of common research methods
- Reviews of existing techniques
- Novel/important product information
Biological Procedures Online places emphasis on multidisciplinary approaches that integrate methodologies from medicine, biology, chemistry, imaging, engineering, bioinformatics, computer science, and systems analysis.
The journal welcomes manuscripts from innovators who have overcome technical challenges or developed new methods.
Biological Procedures Online has been publishing for over 12 years and has a 5-Year Impact Factor of 2.0.
Shulin Li is currently a Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, United States of America.
His research interests include gene delivery/gene therapy, tumor and host cell communication, immune therapy and cytokines.
Fast peer review
All manuscripts submitted to Biological Procedures Online undergo a fast, thorough peer-review process. The average time to a first decision from submission is 19 days.